Friday, July 10, 2009

About Me

Hello readers, this is officially my first post. So lets get to know a little bit of me. My name is Liyana Nazri. I was born in Kuala Lumpur on 20th February 1991 and that makes me 18 years old this year which is a year younger than the others in my batch. This is because my parents enrolled me into standard 1 when I was six years old. My zodiac sign is Pisces. Some say people who are born with this sign are natural lovers, mystical and artistic.

So lets move on, I love to eat Malaysian food! I think it is because Malaysian food has a lot of exotic flavours and it comes in different textures, types and tastes! Some of my favourites are like 'cendol', 'asam pedas' and 'roti canai'. Next my favourite tv shows are CSI and The Nanny. CSI is a good tv show because the show itself makes us think while wacthing it. Whereas, The Nanny is a family comedy show which I have been watching since I was five. Next on the list comes my favourite thing to do which is dancing. I started to dance classes since I was eight. Some of the dances that I'm pretty good at are like Gamelan, Balinese and Classical Malay Court dance. Then, my favourite actress is every guy's dream girl who is Angelina Jolie. I adore her because she is very edgy and ferocious. My favourite movie would be Pretty Woman acted by Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. It is one of the best love movie ever acted by both of them.

That is me on the left dancing Gamelan .

Currently, I am studying in UiTM Segamat, Johor. I am a Banking student and I just started my second year last week. Segamat is a nice place to study because it is definitely far from the hectic life of the city. When I came here at first, I was not sure whether I will be able to survive in Segamat but so far after a year has passed it is not that bad. I told myself a change sometimes can make you a better person. The place, surrounding and situation doesn't matter if you want to succeed. It is yourself what matters most. That is why the important thing is, what you can make out of you.

Lastly, let's get to know my family members. My father's name is Nazri bin Othman and he is 48 years old. My mother's name is Mariamah bt Abu Hassan and she is 43 years old. Both my parents are bankers. My father works as a Consumer Head for the UOB's credit card centre. Whereas, my mother works as an auditor in RHB. My father is a very workaholic but my mother is not. Then, I am the eldest in the family and I have one little brother named Johan bin Nazri. He is two years old this year. The gap between the both of us shocks everyone, its around 16 years of gap. My brother is a very extraordinary little boy, even he is only two but he doesn't act and think like one. He's simply unpredictable.

Dearest father and mother.

The little brother, Johan.























1 comment:

  1. Liyana, your language is very good. However, you overlooked certain things, such as:

    lets = let's

    standard 1 = Standard 1

    pisces = Pisces

    tv = TV

    Next on the list <---This should be in a different paragraph.

    A very good first try. I will be waiting for your next entry. Oh, I love The Nanny too ;)

    ReplyDelete